Sunday, April 29, 2007

Places To Eat, YUM!

I am back!!! Did anyone miss me? :P Well, I have been really busy for the past week, and had limited access to the internet, hence I couldn't find time to make any new post. So here I am, spending my LAST day in USM, yeah, seriously, this will be the last night I will be staying in this house... will be leaving this memorable place the very next day... and for good... :(

Having that said, I am going to write something about the food and places to eat around USM, yeah! Initially when I came here, I found out that the food totally sucked (eurkss, I never liked any food in *9 other that its nasi lemak). The food in Parit Buntar area is like a treasure waiting to be found and unveilled. The truth is, there are plenty of really good and unique food in this area!

Bagan Samak('river' food), Sg Kerian(Laksa), Juru Autocity(international), Serdang(fried porridge)

The first pic is Bagan Samak, where you can get really tasty 'sam mei yu' (3 tastes fish), I don't know why it's called 3-taste, probably cos it's sweet, sour and spicy? Err... You can also get really big prawns, etc. Since fresh water living are the main ingredients for most of the dishes, the chef need to have really great skills to make them trigger your taste buds! Next is the famous laksa near Sg. Kerian, at just RM2/bowl. Hehe, that's the reason I always have two bowls during each visit. The business is so good that the owner only runs his business on Saturdays! And usually you gotta line up to get your seat! Going a lil further from PB area, we have Serdang (which is about 25 mins drive from PB) for its famous 'fried porridge' (hmm, fried foods are supposed to be dry... so what's fried porridge really about?). This is the place that never fails to impress anyone whom I recommend the place to. Sometimes you gotta make advance booking before going too. Moving even more further is Juru Autocity, you can get any kind of food you want there basically. There are Korean, Japanese, Laotian, Vietnamese, Thai, Western and Chinese food, all centered in this place which is also loaded with luxurious cars from Honda to Ferrari. Don't know why the people there are so rich... hmm...

There are many more great places to eat which I haven't mentioned, but let me show you the ultimate place to eat here... TADAA!!!

Food fair in my house!



Haha! That's my place! :P The best part of it is that it's free from MSG, keke. And let me tell you something that may surprise you, I am the main chef!!! Ok, you must be doubting the taste of the food (maybe I am not good at making jelly :S), nvm... Let's see if you'll be lucky enough to get the chance to try out my 'sao sai' in the future. Hehe...



So here I am, wrapping my last blog from USM... I am gonna miss the people, the lifestyle, and this 'unhappening'(that's what everyone says, but I like it that way) place. Bye bye, USM...

1 comment:

Joshua Entol said...

wa..

wa... how is ur new job and feel to finally joint the work force?? since u working already... so got money may be can come back to campus and belanja us makan ya!!! wawawaw...

Joshua

Google