Friday, April 6, 2007

Lucky Day

Last Tuesday was really my lucky day. I escaped from two fine tickets. I would say that I am an obedient driver on the road. It has always been my habit to wear the safety belt before pushing into gear 1 or gear R. This time around, when I was just about to make a move, Dad rang me up to ask if I was reaching home early. My mind was totally not focusing after we ended the call and so I forgot to put on the belt. I was strolling at about 40kmph when I saw a minor accident bout 50m away... two traffic policemen were at the scene, I didn't know my safety belf was unattached... closing up to 20m, and only then I knew it! I remained sober and slowly slid the belt across me... I was fortunate the policemen were busy looking at the motorcycle then, phew... That was the first escape.

Next, I headed to KFC... hehe... my usual favourite hi-tea or early dinner with buddies because of the Tuesday specials :P Parked my car, with a one hour loaded duration. Guess we were too engaged with our conversations we forgot about the parking. Again, about 20m when we were reaching the parking lot, I saw the man in the blue uniform writing sth on his RED book! Ahhh!!! I quickly activated the alarm, just the blue button ok? :P Thank God the guy was kind enough to cancel the ticket, he even smiled back to us. He was really kind :)

Hey... I don't mean to encourage you ppl out there to not wear your safety belts or leave the parking meter unloaded, ok? I admit it's wrong for me to have conducted these 2 acts, but I was lucky to have escaped this time. It doesn't mean I'll be as lucky the next time! I also learnt my lesson even though I didn't get the fine. Well, if I did, I would have paid for the tickets. NO bribery ok! Now I remember better to put on the safety belt even after I talk on the phone. I do time up my parking duration too now :P I repeat, DO NOT offend the laws ahhh!!!

5 comments:

Jazlie said...

KFC for high tea??!!! Crazy ...

EuniceFoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EuniceFoo said...

such a blessing day for u wor...ur words recall me the fine of the overtime parking i've had(the only penalty up to now,sshhh).Hopefully i'd be an obedient driver either la :>

Anonymous said...

surprisingly u are claiming yourself being an obedient driver here while u been telling me that u are quite "ganas" whenever you head back home..
Somehow can't comprehend the conflicts :P

~sg

power PufF! said...

haha, eunice, that fine was during our outing together right? paiseh..

sg, don't lah 'pou chuen' me like that... hai1. ganas doesn't mean not obedient, it's just SKILLFUL :P

Google