Saturday, April 14, 2007

Be StRoNG!

It's good when you don't have a boyfriend around you when you are at that pace of life transitioning to being independent and learning how to live on your own. This pace of life strucks me during my campus life. When I first entered uni and lived away from my family, it wasn't really a huge change to me as I could still depend on my ex during the first year. Hmm, somehow I just tend to be dependent when the there was a person I knew I could rely on was just so reachable. Now, that wasn't healthy.

After we got off from our relationship, I started to be independent and I actually loved that! That's when I really start to learn about responsibilities and know how to appreciate better the little things that people around me do for me. Usually when I don't get my hands on doing something, I won't really know how much effort is required hence I tend to take things for granted. Being able to live on my own has made me so much appreciative and stronger; and that also makes my parents so much more confident of what I am able to do on my own now. Thinking back about it, it's funny how my Mom or Dad goes like, "WOW! You did it? You're really good!" everytime when I rebelliously do something they don't agree with just for the sake of protecting me, thinking that I am too infirm to handle it. Probably that's because I am the youngest child, and they see me as the feeble one who needs more protection, hmm... Anyway, I am just glad that I have proven to them that I can take good care of myself now :D At least they won't have to worry that much when I leave to Penang for work.

I guess if I have a boyfriend who is in the same campus with me throughout these years, I am still that dependent girl who just knows how to look to her boyfriend in times of troubles. It's a good thing I don't have one. And hey girls out there, even if you do have a boyfriend who is just a phone call away, try not to rely so much on him and challenge yourself to get things done on your own first. The gratification that comes from your achievement will surely give you a sense of victorious accomplishment that drives you forward to being stronger each time. Seek God for strength, He's stronger than your bf! Live up to the power within that God has blessed you, girls! Be like the PowerPuff Girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, u r rite, but we should be inter-dependent, not independent, that's what i learn during last year's mnc :p human can't live alone, we always need a company, but at the same time cannot too much companies as it would weaken us, that's why it's called inter-dependent...hehe!Most importantly, we need God! yeah!

Jazlie said...

Oh girl, you are not the little girl that I have known before. Indeed, I sense that you have changed to be more mature:) I'm glad you know how to rely on God, I also believe God will provide

Joshua Entol said...

Wawawa.... dude.... so cool... haha... jz to let you know I'm speechless now.. seems like you have learn alot in this 4 years!! i whish i could say the same when i'm in my final year which is not far alway...(man... time really flies and Dah Lah the girls in campus are few... you ask them don't find BF?!?!?! man... poor me.. hahah... jz kidding...) anyway... continue to blog ya.. I'll be reading it... Godbless...

Joshua Entol said...

yo,

don't say my blog until like that dude.... anyway... as time goes by you will sure to finds ways to make your blog interesting. try to look at my 1st blog entry, very dull! (I'm not saying your blog not nice ah!! but for what i think you have a really great start with the 1st entry!! serious..) try to get your own team for your blog... dont for get, I'm still learning too ya!! thanks for your comments ya!! wawawa....
God bless
JE

Google