Monday, March 12, 2007

EE Farewell 2007

Finally a semi-grand farewell night is here after being in a public uni for four years. No, we don't get to have grand prom nights in public uni, somehow not many are interested.

Thinking back on last year's farewell, it was quite a disastrous one for me as I had to rush like mad and got myself in a mess for the farewell night. This year is a much better one with early preparation and I could take my own sweet time to dress up and get the make up on. After much delay from my coursemates coming from the other state, we only managed to gather at 745pm, initial plan was 7pm :S. There goes the puntuality again... sigh...

We strolled along the red carpet with warm welcome of loud applause and cheers, haha, felt like it was an award show or something like that. So these are the girls that I stepped into the hall with. The first (from left) with the sexy hot look, 3rd with the oriental make over, 4th with her self-made funky appearance, and finally the girl in orange with the all fairytale bridal image.

The tables were nicely arrange centered with a neat glass with a white lily in it. Okay... the service wasn't so good, I can't believe that after being there for more than 4 hours, the waiters only refilled the water once! Urgh... at one point i felt like I had the urgency to drink the water from the 'lily glass'! Perhaps it was my bad to not have searched for the waiters MIA whole night, probaly they were resting in the changing room or something. They just disappeared after the meal was finished, hmm...



Well, I am someone quite into photography and would appreciate the pics much better if the ambience of the hall could be 'captured'. Sadly, I could hardly find someone with stable hands or good techniques to snap some shots without blurring it out much (realise I use 'blurring it out much' as I don't expect perfection without a tripod... our hearts still beat after all). Well, guess this pic here is the best one among all the rest taken without flash. Quite a nice ambience huh?





The farewell was followed by a long sketch which was an impressive one, 3 dances and some other performances. The junior did an exceptional job in organising the whole event, it was simply amazing! They must have poured out a lot of effort in the whole arrangement. The closing of the farewell was a meaningful one, with everyone forming up the friendship chain, exchanging the friendship band, people shaking hands and hi-five-ing to one another, hugs... and a quiet moment of retrospecting the bittersweet moments we have had throughout the 4 years.


All of us truly enjoyed ourselves and treasure the special event organised by the first years. Here are some friends whom I usually hang out with. It was kinda contenting to see some of those who usually don't like dressing up to turn into princes and princesses on that night. Oh yeah, KC did a nice work on his appearance!
Heard they went for clubbing after that. I didn't follow though, was being the usual obedient child the moment I decided to just jump into my parents' car and go home to my town of serenity right after the farewell ended. Haha, I saved at least RM30. Sounds like I am going through a real student life with limited budget for extra entertainment. Seriously am a little broke lately to be frank!





2 comments:

KeanHua said...

This farewell night is superb and successful.It's prove one phrase:"There no ugly women in the world but only lazy women".All guy look handsome and all women beautiful like princess(may be too exaggerate but it's truth).

Pui Fern, the most pretty one la...:)haha. I won't forget the moment with u, let this be a sweet memory for us.

Unknown said...

hey... i like ur blog..
wow.. wat a memorable moment with all coursemates n juniors.. especially wif u.. keke...
happy n beaty always ya...

Google