Wednesday, August 29, 2007

'Bloody' Day

What are you thinking??? No, I am cursing my day!

I have another first encounter of my life today! Hee hee, I actually participated in a blood donation which was held in my company. Hmm, I guess the GH was quite desperate to get the blood... Well, you see, I was actually laughing in excitement when my blood pressure was measured. Hence, it showed a higher reading than usual (98/66), which was 103/68. Hmm, she said I am fit enough... well... I had to continue laughing to make my blood pressure higher throughout the whole process after that.


It wasn't a very good experience for me though. I can never forget how the nurse actually left a scissors clipping to the tube with a needle poked in my vein, and the pair of scissors was actually hanging in the air!!! OUCH!!! What a scary first time experience for me!!


Hmm, there are also some speculation on the consequences of donating blood.

1. Donor will gain weight after that!!! Oh boy... please don't let this happen to me.

2. Donor will get addicted to donating blood and has to do every 3 months. -.-:

3. Donor will get very very very weak. IMO, this could be true, and that's why I am taking plenty of fruits and supplements.


Ahh... perhaps I have to buy more chinese herbs like ginseng or 'patt chan' to rebuild my blood cells. Hehe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donor gains wait due to sudden malnutrition in the body? Or perhaps higher water retention? Synonymous to period i guess..

Donor feels great post-blood donation due to the sudden fresh blood that now carries oxygen at a higher capacity. This euphoria promotes regular donation.

Weak feeling is due to.. loss of blood? -.-" (Thanks Mr Obvious) Actually, feeling sleepy cos less oxygen is now going to the brain on top of the sudden need for mass blood production that exhausts the body. Eat more pork/beef/spinash thats high in iron.. Hemaglobin - "Hema" for Iron.

Donating is a healthy thing! Popular time for students to donate is 2-3 months before major exams. For better concentration during exams. (Also usually the time Hospitals run blood drives)

Google